4.8.12

Just A Little Update

Hello everyone! My apologies for not updating my blog. The past six months have been pretty busy for me and exciting! I had the opportunity to work on Warlord of Mars and Marvel Bronze Age Sketch Card series! :) All thanks to Allen Geneta, Bard Mendoza, Breygent Marketing Inc and Rittenhouse. I'm really glad that Tom gave me the permission to post these images! ^_^




These paintings are my first attempt in gouache. I don't actually know how to use it properly but I still had a lot of fun! :D And good thing  JB Casacop  gave me some idea how qouache works. :D I can't post the sketches I did for Marvel yet, hopefully soon.

And lastly, I haven't told you yet that I have published my very first comic last Summer Komikon and November Komikon 2011. (finally! My long awaited dream has come true!) :D All thanks to Makasining group ( Allen Geneta,  JB Casacop  and newest members Ferdinand Ladera, David Villegas, Benjo Camay, and Tey Bartolome). Check out their awesome artworks! :D

So here are the previews of my first ever published comic. :)



S.O.S is based from a poem/short story "Love and Time". I just added a little twist, comedy and drama to make it more interesting.  I'm having a hard time searching for its author. If you know who wrote the story please let me know so I can give him credit.

That's all for now, I hope you'll find this interesting. :D I will definitely post a tutorial/progress shots of my works as I promised. Thanks a lot for dropping by! :D I'll  try  my best to update this at least once a month. And as always English is not my first language so if you find something wrong with my grammar please let me know! :D Thanks! :)

2 comments:

ActionJunkie said...

Bought your Phoenix sketch card from "Rittenhouse-Marvel Bronze Age" off eBay... BEAUTIFUL CARD - WELL DONE! Just realized it was used in their sell-sheet/advertisement too ;)

mj said...

@ActionJunkie Thank you so much! :D I'm so glad that you like it! :D

Post a Comment